Jimmy Fallon, Carly Rae Jepsen & The Roots Sing “Call Me Maybe” (w/ Classroom Instruments)
AND NOW I’M NOT OVER THIS YET.
oh now this is just too great
Now that I’ve had some time to let this sit today (and by sit I mean now that I have had time to watch this video at least two dozen times today), let’s try and figure out what the best part is. The choices are:
1. How “what up bitches I’m playing a child’s xylophone like a badass motherfucker” dude in the bottom right corner is.
2. Dude in the back center smiling his ass off and Totally Feeling This The Entire Time.
3. ?uestlove intermittently dropping off screen
Regardless of the answer, Carly Rae Jepsen’s giggles claim Miss Congeniality in this contest, right?
:: hits replay again ::
Dave is at the grocery store, which means I’ve had a chance to sit and watch this three times in a row without anyone judging the hell out of me for it. Therefore -
4. Upper left corner neck-dancing-while-playing-the-bongos dude needs to be celebrated.
5. I didn’t notice that ?uestlove kept dropping off screen. Did you notice that the woodwind section behind ?uestlove cracks up when he comes back on screen?
6. It’s hard to look like a badass while playing a ukelele, but someone in in this video is mock-managing it.
8. “It’s hard to look right at you baby…” :: Jimmy Fallon holds tambourine between himself and Ms. Jepsen. Bonus - Jimmy Fallon singing “and all the other boys try to chase me.”